June 13th, 2011

Working to end Nepal child labor

CNN's Gena Somra looks at how GoodWeaveis working to ensure Nepal's carpet industry is child labor-free.
In her second report, she traces the reasons why Nepal's failing economy could spell danger for children.

FULL STORY

Topics: Solutions

1. MATUNDA JARED

GO ON ITS A GOOD FIGHT.HOW CAN ONE JOIN IN THE EFFORT

June 15, 2011 at 11:05 am | Reply
  2. Joanne

I think the modern-day slavery should not actually exist as every human being has right to freedom. Somehow, there are countries which are called developing countries but in fact they are actually poor countries which cannot fulfill the basic needs of its people. I am from Nepal and its hard for me to see these things but I can feel what they have to go through everyday and struggle everyday to make their life better and beable to afford a meal in a day. I am glad that there are projects that can support children who are deprived and struggling just to survive.

June 16, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Reply
  3. Sudeep Nepali

The children in these videos are not in nepal....infact this video clip is from carpet factory from India or Pakistan.
    Please cross check where your reoprts come from. CNN is a reputed news channel.
    These false reporting will only discredit your news organization.

June 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Reply
  4. tashi

Hey Sudeep Nepali... Dont act as a jackass. Dude those Kids Are speaking Nepali. And you are denying that they are from nepal.
    @CNN.Its a good Video, Really appeciate that. Thank You to the whole CNN family.

June 17, 2011 at 10:38 am | Reply
  5. NABIN

i m with tashi......ganga bhattarai the teacher was my primary teacher as well....i know her from my childhood... good done ganga miss.....

June 18, 2011 at 7:09 am | Reply
  6. padmam

They are Nepalis and look like Nepalis. Let's not be in a self denial mode. I am from India. I agree with Joanne. Many developing countries have to ficus on kids education and eradicate poverty. Unless this is done the country cannot become a developed country. I wish all the people all this mother earth have freedom and basic necessities.

June 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Reply
  7. Rajan

This is something that exists and should be eradicated. There are plenty of people (Nepali as well as foreigners) and plenty of money invested in I/NGOs claiming to work in these fronts. Most of that amount goes for salary and allowances of their employees. (I had read somewhere are almost 40 percent of donor's money in certain INGOs go back to the donor country in the name of salary and allowances of top executives!!!!)

To everyone who do not know...Nepal is celebrating year 2011 as Nepal Tourism Year. All Nepalis look forward to seeing you in Nepal this year...please visit the website of Nepal Tourism Board for more!!!!

June 18, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Reply
  8. somesay

Some Say child labor some say apprenticeship.

If you can free people from taxes now your talking freedom project. taxation is a form of slavery.

June 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Reply
  9. Bijay

There is exploitation of poor by the riches. Riches and slefish corporates promotes child labour. Its easy to say no child labour, but due to ambitious profit making plan of corporate, they doesn't hesitate to take advantage of poverty and add money into the pocket of riches. Poor need money ...for their living, growing up their children and providing them better education and making them self sustainable. We need to take strong action against the corporates who get the service without providing adequate compensation and health care. Its also not only about child labor but the working condition itself is not hygienic. Poor just paid a penny at a cost of their health. I m from Nepal and I have witnessed it.

June 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Reply
  10. whwtss

The FitFlop Boots use a comparable micro-wobbleboard technology that was utilized within your reliable FitFlop sandal, so, not just will the boots defend ft through the winter weathers but will also help tone your legs. FitFlop have introduced a broad wide variety of boots, ranging through the Mukluk (an UGG design boot) toward the Superboot (which is in actuality a extra subtle design developed of leather).

The income concerning the sandals show how effective these shoes can be, with most evaluations stating which they saw an advancement within your amount of toning achieved. There are evaluations that advise the FitFlops aren't as impacting concerning the muscle groups as claimed, but all evaluations concur upon the extraordinary comfort supplied from the FitFlops

The fitflop is specifically made to not only appear superb within your ft but in add-on to provide you with well being benefits as well. Fitflops in simple fact are an engineered shoes that's at current the rave. This particular type of shoes appears pretty very much which consist of the conventional sandals or just like a sandal; but they are recognized to hold out an awesome offer for that wearer.
    fitflop hooper sandals

The heel away from your fitflops consists of the significant density it's made to absorb shock so that you simply can help the stress concerning the wearer's joints. There is reduce intensity within your center in the fitflop this allows an increase within your leg's activation. The toe of the shoes is especially where the mid-density is, this really is especially where the variation, pace to not mention, pace is maintained.

FitFlop created a substantial PR storm once they introduced their collection of leg toning sandals in 2007. The sandals promised to provide wearers with unparalleled comfort while at a comparable time increasing muscle movement which would guide to much better tone for that legs and reduced back. Alongside this promise, FitFlop also declared that these sandals could heal many concerns linked using the foot, which include back again pain.

August 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Reply
  11. detectives privados las rozas

detectives privados castilla de la mancha

December 12, 2020 at 12:06 am | Reply
  12. Regenia Hailey

I savour, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

December 20, 2020 at 5:57 pm | Reply
  13. 700k money system

Earn 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. 90 Second Set Up – Beta Tested Proven 24-7 AUTOPILOT Income – The Ultimate Work Safe At Home System More details: https://bit.ly/2YfQFcC

December 26, 2020 at 12:43 pm | Reply
  14. home-remodeling-directory.com

693252 513702Utterly composed topic material , thanks for selective data . 467415

January 4, 2021 at 1:33 pm | Reply
  15. ngủ mơ thấy quả ổi

942302 371494Cheapest speeches and toasts, as properly as toasts. probably are produced building your personal at the party and will probably be most likely to turn into witty, humorous so new even. best man toast 776154

January 4, 2021 at 6:53 pm | Reply
  16. nằm mơ thấy cãi nhau với người cùng phái

17203 684654I undoubtedly didnt recognize that. Learnt some thing new nowadays! Thanks for that. 805030

January 4, 2021 at 8:50 pm | Reply
  17. tree service

230364 356358I feel this web site contains some extremely great info for every person : D. 160629

January 5, 2021 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  18. ca tre so may

744553 322798Good read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was performing some research on that. And he truly bought me lunch as I located it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! 618944

January 5, 2021 at 8:05 pm | Reply
  19. con ngựa số mấy

539680 892594Im having a small issue. Im unable to subscribe to your rss feed for some reason. Im utilizing google reader by the way. 216279

January 5, 2021 at 8:26 pm | Reply
  20. cách để chàng yêu bạn nhiều hơn

864586 118343Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? Theres plenty of folks that I feel would truly enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks 756707

January 5, 2021 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  21. làm gì khi người yêu cũ muốn quay lại

266433 476061What others have stated and in some uncommon cases, suicide might occur. 696066

January 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm | Reply
  22. mơ thấy hoa sen

546136 486174I gotta bookmark this internet site it seems very beneficial . 696191

January 5, 2021 at 11:21 pm | Reply
  23. Frances Fryar

Excellent web site. Lots of useful information here. I am sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you in your effort!

January 10, 2021 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  24. Ernest Fretz

As I web-site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling wonderful , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck.

January 11, 2021 at 9:38 pm | Reply