April 13th, 2011

An app to help end slavery

Not only are apps making our lives a lot more convenient, now they can help us be better humanitarians.

Demand the Brand is an app that allows you to take a picture of a product, place a "SlaveFREE" logo on it, and post it to an interactive map where users ask whether products they consume are produced by slaves. The purpose of the app is for consumers to demand that the brands they use are not produced by slave labor.

The app was launched alongside Call+Response, a documentary directed by musician Justin Dillon that exposes modern-day slavery across the world. It features political leaders, actors and musicians in the film speaking up about anti-slavery efforts.

“I realized that people don’t just want to be aware. They really want to have things to do, and that’s what Call+Response is about,” Dillon said.

“It’s not only the call, letting people know it’s not just information, but it’s the response, the action - you can’t have one without the other.”

Post by:
Topics: Solutions • Technology

1. KenX

It has little to do with being too busy. It has a lot to do with poeple realizing that the arrests and convictions dont support the wild estimates in these stories.

April 13, 2011 at 10:07 am | Reply
  2. Help them

Please Help
    Thanks

April 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Reply
  3. chinedu

It's an on going thin in Nigeria two hundred year ago and it still going on right now,were children where born in to slave tune their family history with no education,working for free with no pay with hard labor,and may be one mill a day and no right, to them or to us it was a way of life, as I write tears run turn eyes. Thank you cnn for is.

April 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Reply
  4. Nina Svanberg

The law should be changed where it is illegal
    To purchase sex, being the man. In other words, those who
    Do the purchase, should be a crime.
    The laws must change to help stop this problem.
    Media, tv, films, glorify, prostitution in films. For example, pretty woman.
    The film makers need to take a moral responsibility, and stop making films
    Which encourage the behavior.
    The subject is so big, and there are many ways to help combat this problem.
    All the little parts make up the whole. Sex slavery needs to be addressed in many
    Facets, there're many areas to attack, change laws,..... educate the people, report crimes,
    Influence film makers to make other choices, help families by providing parenting classes.

Drugs, I'm sure is a thread in the issue too. Make drugs a crime! Oh, there is so much to do....

April 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  5. Jerrold Chelf

I bookmared your site a couple of days ago coz your blog impresses me.’~:*`

December 20, 2020 at 5:57 pm | Reply
  6. Gabriel Perre

Interested in more information. How can I contact you?

January 3, 2021 at 10:08 pm | Reply
  7. Hobert Galardi

If you would like to improve your experience simply keep visiting this site and be updated with the most up-to-date gossip posted here.

January 5, 2021 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  8. Motels near my location

857477 601560Some genuinely good and utilitarian information on this internet internet site , likewise I believe the style and style contains superb capabilities. 200909

January 7, 2021 at 12:40 pm | Reply
  9. Nikia Dalomba

Very interesting points you have noted , appreciate it for posting . "The judge is condemned when the criminal is absolved." by Publilius Syrus.

January 11, 2021 at 2:15 am | Reply
  10. Kendall Introini

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and after this when a comment is added I am four emails sticking with the same comment. Could there be in any manner you may eliminate me from that service? Thanks!

January 12, 2021 at 12:00 am | Reply
  11. dewaqq

104537 142845You may be websites successful individuals, it comes effortlessly, therefore you also earn you see, the jealousy of all the ones lots of journeymen surrounding you could have challenges within this challenge. motor movers 970510

January 12, 2021 at 7:04 am | Reply
  12. Nedra Basilio

Thanks so much the information. I love sucking dick btw hmu

January 15, 2021 at 9:03 pm | Reply
  13. paito warna

418116 520651Excellent day! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a very good read. Thanks for sharing! 595720

January 16, 2021 at 10:48 pm | Reply