May 17th, 2012

Freedom Project iReporters nominated

Two Freedom Project iReport videos have been nominated for the annual iReport awards.

South Korean teacher Sunny Yang pledged to "Take a stand against slavery" as part of CNN's Freedom Project and vowed to get her students involved in the cause.

She used a stop-motion drawing to show the difference that we can make in the lives of people living in slavery.

And iReporter Renee Hong created this video to draw attention to the problem of human trafficking. The video uses stop-motion photography and statistics to educate viewers in an entertaining way.

Check out all the iReport nominees here including the Freedom Project stories in the compelling images category

Topics: How to Help • iReport • Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. BAQI BARZANI

SUPPORT KURDISH INDEPENDENCE RIGHT!
    LET US DETERMINE OUR OWN DESTINY!
    WE DESERVE A COUNTRY OF OUR OWN IN IRAQ
    I HOPE SOME ONE IS HEARING MY VOICE IN CNN

KURDISTAN INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT IS A NEW PROJECT
    K.I.M.
    WASHINGTON.DC,USA

May 20, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Reply
    • Yannara

It does say it is not vetted yet but I am not sure if that means just the video. It's a sereis of notes. Not a polished article which makes it hard to follow. But WOW! Reply:February 15th, 2011 at 10:55 pmI'm still going through it. I had to take a break for dinner and to work for awhile. I noticed that it was not vetted but it sure is a lot of information.

July 3, 2012 at 3:09 am | Reply
  2. ed

en peru ya estamos agotados

June 30, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  3. Danielle

Mammen, 83, mother of Rebecca John, was found stnerglad to death in her bedroom in east Delhi’s Vivek Vihar. Rebecca is one of the lawyers of dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar who have been facing trial for the murder of their teenaged daughter AarushiMar 21 at 7:32am

July 3, 2012 at 4:02 am | Reply
  4. The 47percent

I'm sorry I know I'm probably off subject but I was on a grassroots Romney website and someone mention having three friends committing suicide since the election.Is this widespread,what is Fox News spouting.The poster was going on about FEMA camps and mass roundups.I know Fox is FEAR and UNBALANCED but to drive people to suicide enough already.

November 10, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Reply