May 19th, 2011

Rescuing slave laborers in India

Working with India's government, the International Justice Mission helped free hundreds of slaves forced to work in a brick factory.

The IJM's Gary Haugen talks about the operation, which he says is the largest rescue in his group's history.

Topics: Life In Slavery

1. Herman morris in Anaheim

Slave labor is supported by most American companies and causing the high unemployment in the USA. The Chinese communist government guaranteed american companies slave labor if the american and other countries would invest their money in manufacturing compnies in china. The majority of ownership belongs to the chinese communist government. AMERICAN compnies let bus loads of engineers tour our manufacturing and aircraft companies to learn how america manufacture our products. American unversities gave their students the latest technoogy and engneering educaion to develpe new technology. NOW China has all new mfg companies with latest technology so old american manufactuerng companies cant cmpete. US trained US lawyers to sue and thus slow down production and more expensive. Law clases filled with American students, Engineering & tech filled with Asian and foreign students. The Slave labor creeps into the production lines and low wages for tech people because the communist government dictates the wage.

May 19, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Reply
    • shengart

It's ironic how some Americans accuse the developing nations of using slave labor with certain misconception and ignorance while they conveniently forget to mention that the development of this nation was heavily relied on the back of slaves and mostly people of color. While small amount of slave labors do exist in some developing nations such as China or India, it's never supported or tolerated by the government and many manufactories are privately owned, not state owned!! any suggestions of state run slavery is just ridiculous and misleading.

May 20, 2011 at 11:51 am | Reply
  2. Medya

In http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwcTrbNwAbYw&h=b1dc4 , that was said in 1 Timothy 2:12 and Exo.21:7 and god justify for a child to get married if the child or the partner can afford it just to avoid fornication bec. some were matured in their early age like Lina Media pregnated when she was 5 years old and Bobby Fischer beat men in chess and become rich in his early age.
    The price is right bec. the food and shelter for her are for the buyers expense. That's better than parents leave their child in the street bec. they couldn't afford it. That's not Islam to kill her without reason. I think they should have licence midwife to help her to insure it's safety. If you think you can care the child better than the buyer then buy her.
    Moses law was also design to remember not to do the things that Adam and Eve did which they fall from paradise to tribulation.
    Rich people usually in Saudi, America, and others will not do that but poor people like in Afghanistan, India, and others usually sell their children bec. they could not feed them.

What the CNN can do about this is either to buy slaves and set them free, give money to parents in order they will not sell their children bec. they could not afford to feed them,give money to the parents who already sold their children in order they can redeem them by giving back the money to the buyers if the children were not yet married to the buyer, or adopt them in honest way not to let them call them as parents as what Jesus said Matt. 23:9.

They don't like to buy male slaves bec. according to Exo. 21 that they will be free after 6 years.

Some slavery saves life bec. if the children were not sold they will die in hunger bec. their parents could not afford to feed them. It saves fornication too. In buying human beings is not like buying livestocks that you have the right to cut their body parts or kill them. God design this inorder their children will sold immediately so that will be save death due to hunger.

May 20, 2011 at 12:51 am | Reply
  3. spectra

May 20, 2011 at 2:06 am | Reply
  4. Lisa

I know I am only one person, and my family are only a family of 4 but we do the best we can not to buy goods that are powered by slavery. I say the best we can, because no matter how thoroughly you research....you just never know.

This is what we do...
    -Buy American whenever possible, and buy from a company we know about that makes its goods here with the labor of American workers with materials made/grown and refined here. It does make things like shoes and cloths more expensive so you get less....but The goods last longer and make us feel better.

-We also buy nearly all our food and hygiene items from American companies as well, our Dairy and bread comes from a local dairy that has a contract with a bakery to delivery my order weekly. The delivery fee is only $3 a week, and the cost is not much more than the grocery store, but it tastes fresher and supports a Local US dairy. and did I mention its organic with no hormones?

We buy American,Local and Cruelty free. And there are some items I will have no part of such as : Diamonds because of the cruelty that may come from them...My Engagement ring is made by an American Lab out of American lab created Zircons and American mined Sterling silver. And any jewelry I buy is that way, not because I can't afford better but because I don't want to buy anything that caused the death and misery to a human being...I love Coffee,specifically African Coffee and coffee from Israel, But If I ever found out either one was made from slavery or suffering and was not the free trade coffee that I am under the belief that I buy I would rather stop drinking it than participate in it (Or I'd buy Kona and drink it less often)

We as Americans have a choice,To buy Local and fair trade even if it means we get less for our money. I think the demand for goods at to cheap a price is a part of the reason why these things go on. This is part of the reason why jobs are outsourced. We as Americans (or Europeans and so on) CONTROL THE MARKET! because if we don't buy it, they won't make it...if slavery becomes unprofitable it will at least be reduced if not stopped. If Every American just refused to buy certain things because of where it came from or how it was made and began buying free trade and local goods the point would come across quick!

But I guess the question you have to ask yourself is..
    "Are you willing to pay more for the same thing because it was made by a willing person under good circumstances for fair pay?"

If the answer is no....,then in my opinion you don't care about human suffering.

May 20, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Reply
  5. Lisa

comment to Medya,
    I understand your post but I'd rather die than be a slave. I've been poor and I've been comfortable so I've seen both sides of the coin.

I just think if you live in a situation where the infant child mortality rate is high and you can't find work to barely feed yourself its crazy to have kids, and if that means no sex then its no sex. And if a mom is going to exploit someone for money it should be herself not her kids. I'd rather run away and become a nun or something (if that is an option) than have a bunch of kids only to figure out each winter who gets sold this time....

Hmmm..is it little Timmy or little Suzie? Nope I would never bring myself to do that, I'd rather the two of us starved to death together first. But I'd probably having us living on a steady diet of rock soup and cooked rat and kitty cat before that would even happen.

May 20, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  6. NANCY GAIL FOX

HOW DID I END UP HERE? WITHOUT MY KIDS CUSTODY
    TWO YEARS AGO THE RUG WAS PULLED OUT FROM UNDER ME
    SERENITY WAS MY MIDDLE NAME AND NOTHIN BUT GOOD KARMA COMING
    I WAS SURE I WOULD BE REEPING ALL THAT I HAD SOWED
    MY REALTOR PSYCHIC FRIEND TOLD ME THE SEEDS YOUR PLANTING WILL PROSPER
    AND HE SAW MY FATHER AND SHIRLEY MY OTHER MOTHER STANDING BEHIND ME
    AS I SOLD HOUSES IN THE COMPUTER ROOM AT RE/MAX OLSON
    AND THEY ARE IN HEAVEN AND ONLY HE COULD SEE THEM BUT I SPOKE TO THEM
    ON MY ANGEL BOARD AND THEY WARNED ME OF THE VOYERISM SONS OF SATAN BUSY BODY NOISY LIAR CONSPIRACY COMING AFTER ME AND MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTERS
    AND AS I HEARD THE BELLS OF SAINT JUDES CHIME AND VISUALIZED NOTHING BUT GOOD AS I BATHED IN MY TUB WITH WHITE CANDLES THAT FLICKERED HIGH AND THE SAINT JUDES STATUE CANDLES BURNED ALL NIGHT AND I COULD SEE HIM FROM MY BATHROOM WINDOW
    AND I DREAMED THAT MY OLD BOYFRIEND SEAN WAS PARKED IN FRONT OF THE STATUE AT THE CHURCH AND HE HAD WHITE CANDLES BURNING IN HIS CAR AND WHITE PAPERS WITH WRITING STREWN ABOUT HIS BROWN MERCEDES
    AND I THOUGHT IT THANK GOD HES HAVING A REVELATION AND I PRAYED HE WOULD
    AND MY ANGEL BOARD SPELLED VOYERISM AT RIVER FARM DRIVE AND I LOOKED UP THE DEFENITION ON MY COMPUTER
    THEN WE HAD A POWER SURGE AND THE COMPUTERS AND DSL CRASHED EARLY IN 2008
    I WALKED ACROSS THE STREET TO THE SAINT JUDES GIFT SHOP AND BOUUGHT SAINTS TO PLANT AT MY LISTINGS AND THE BUYERS CAME AND I WENT BACK AND GOT WHITE HOLY CANDLES AND I RESEARCHED SAINTS
    I WISHED I WAS CATHOLIC AS I BELIEVE IN ANGELS AND SAINTS AND STILL MAY BECOME ONE SOMEDAY
    I HAD TOLD MY FRIEND MARY WILLIAMS I DONT ENTERTAIN EVIL AND SHE TOLD ME IT EXISTED AND I DID NOT WANT TO EVER THINK OF ANYTHING NEGATIVE
    THEN DCFS CAME TO MY HOUSE AFTER MY CAR ENGIINE BLEW AND MY CHILD SUPPORT STOPPED AND MY ANGEL BOARD HAD TOLD ME THE SONS OF SATAN CONSPIRACY IS OVERDOSING THE FAMILY SO I THREW AWAY A PIZZA AND THEN THE WHOLD REFRIG
    AS I DONT LIKE EVER TAKING CHANCES WITH MY KIDS AND RATHER BE SAFE THAN SORRY IS WHAT I TOLD THE VENTURA COUNTY COURT AT THE WITNESS STAND AND I TOLD DCFS THE SAME THING AT THE DCSF MEETNG AS I ALSO HAVE EXACT PREMONISION DREAMING AND I HAD DREAMED OF A 911 EMERGENCY
    AND THE ANGEL BOARD SAID EVANS IS YOUR ENEMY IN 2008 AND THE STALKER LADY CAME AND MY CAT WHO SLEPT ON MY BACK AND PURRED ME TO SLEEP DISAPEARED AND HER NAME IS ELI AND SHES FIGEROS MOM AND OUR BLACK CAT BABY WENT MISSING TOO AND SO DID OUR WHITE CAT GABRIELLA AND SHE CAME BACK A WEEK LATER THANK GOD I SAID AND NOW SHE WONT LEAVE MY SIDE AND SLEEPS ON MY PILLOW AT NIGHT AND SAINT JUDES CHURCH WAS LANDSCAPING THAT DAY AT RIVER FARM DRIVE AND THE STALKER LADY IN HER BLACK SPORTS CONVERTIBLE WAS WAVING HER ARMS AND STALKING AGAIN AND MY CATS WERE GONE THAT DAY
    THE ANGEL BOARD SAID THE CONSPIRACY WAS FOR EVERYONE TO LIE AND THEN I WOULD TELL THE TRUTH TO A QUESTION AND IT WOULD LOOK LIKE I LIED AND IT TOLD ME I WAS NEVER QUESTIONED BECAUSE I WAS NOT A SUSPECT THEY WERE PROVING THE FRAMING OF PLANTING GIN IN AN AA MOMS GARAGE AND I NEVER SAW THE GIN AND THE BUSY BODIES WHO FAME NICE MOMS WERE PASSING OUT KEYS TO OUR HOUSE AND CALLING ME A POT KEY MOM AND THAT A NICE STING WAS WATCHING MY KIDS AND BUGGED THE KEY IN THE POT AND TOOK OUT IMMEDIATELY AND I NEVER SAW THE POT KEY
    AND THEN IN SPRING 2009 I BELIEVE THE NICE STING BOB FROM WYOMING LEFT AND THATS WHEN I FLIPPED OUT AND I NEVER MET HIM BUT FELT SAFE KNOWING HE WAS PROTECTING ME AND MY GIRLS
    SO I COVERED MY KIDS AND MYSELF WITH MY HIGHER CONSCIOUNESS AND I TOLD MY DAUGHTERS TO ONLY DRIVE WITH ME AND I RAN TO BALLET WHEN I HAD A BAD FEELING AND I KEPT PRAYING SOMEONE WOULD EXPLAIN THE EMERGENCY BUT THEY NEVER DID
    DCFS TOOK MY KIDS CUSTODY FROM ME FOR WORRYING WITH MY PCYCHIC ABILITY AND SUDDNELY I WAS ON THE BUS AND WALKING MILES WITH BLISTERS ON MY FEET AND NO MINUTES ON MY CELL AND I BECAME TELEPATHIC WALKING AROUND AND STARING AT THE LAKE AND RIDING ON BUS TO BUS AS I HEARD THE EMEMIES CHASING ME
    I FOUND MY WAY BACK TO MY OLD AA FRIENDS IN THE VALLEY AND FELT SAFE AGAIN AND THEN THE AMBULNCES CAME WHIRLING DOWN THE AA RADFORD ALLEY AND TO THE LIBRARY AND WOULD SIT ON LA MAIDA AVE TO TAKE ME AWAY
    AND I DISCOVERED THEY HUMAN SEX TRAFFICK BY AMBULANCE SO I DODGED THEM EVERYWHERE I WENT AND MY READINGS SAID THE LITAWANIA GOVERMENT OFFICIAL MAN IS STOPPING THEM
    SO I DODGED THEM WALKING BY STAYING OUT OF THE SURVELENCE AND WALKED THROUGH NEIGHBORHOODS AND LEARNED EVERY SHORT CUT IN STUDIO CITY
    AND NOW I KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE SELLING GIRLS FROM UNDER CALIFORNIA BY LYING ABOUT NICE MOMS LIKE ME AS THE OUTLANDISH LIES TO DCVFS GOT DISMISSED AND DOWN TO MAJOR LIFE STRESSORS
    AND MY UNEEDED PSYCH EVAL RULED ME A CONCERNED CITIZEN LIKE A GOOD SAMARITUM FOR REPORTING MY PSYCHIC LEADS TO SAVE MY CHILDREN FROM RAPE AND MURDER AND FROM A SNEAK FORGING CUSTODY AND LYING IT WAS ME THE DAY I HAD TRAFFICK COURT AT CHATSWORTH IN FALL 2009
    I LEARNED FROM LISTENING TO THE ANTI CHRIST THAT THEY TAKE NICE MOMS FROM PARENTING CLASS BY AMBULANCE TO RAPE THEIR KIDS IN FRONT OF THEM AND WHEN THEY GO TO A COURT HOUSE THEY SET THEM UP TO FAKE ARREST THEM AND THEY TAKE THEM FROM COMMUNITY SERVICE AS THEY ARE THE BUSY BODIES LIARS WHO LIVE FOR THE LOOK OF HORROR ON A NICE MOMS FACE AS THEY RAPE THEIR KIDS IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEY SAY US MEN ARE SETTING UP THAT FAMILY AND PLOT TO RAPE MOLEST TORCHER THEM
    AND THEY ARE THE UNDERCOVER MEN WHO HAVE TOP SECRET DUG OUT OFFICES UNDER COURT HOUSES ALL UNDER CALIFORNIA AND UNDER THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ITS DONE A SIMILAR WAY ALL AROUND THE WORLD
    AND THE CIA MAN IN WEST VIRGINA KEEPS STOPPING THE ARRESTS OF THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO DO THIS AND SAYS ITS FINE IT STOPS BOMB ITS FAIR GAME OR FAIR TRADE BY WAY OF TAKING THE FAMILY THROUGH THE SYSTEM DCFS CPS WELFARE OR FAKE SET UP ARREST OR LIE THE CHILD NEEDS SHOT AT THE NURSE AND LIE ITS THE MOM WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT AND NO ITS ALL THOUSAND OF THEM AND NOT THE MOM
    AND THEY INSTANT MESSAGE TO MILLIONS THEY ARE SAVING HUMANITY AND THEY KNOW BEST AND SNEAK THE FAMILY OFF AND IF YOU STOP THE LIES ABOUT THEM YOU WILL GET ARRESTED AND THEY DONT FOLLOW THE LAWS IN AMERICA OR THE CONSITUTION THEY ARE NOT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND NOT GOOD SAMARITUNS AND THEY TELL MILLIONS TO BREAK THE LAW AND ORDER SURGERY AND THATS LOBOTOMY HYSTERCOMY INTESINES TIED AND CLITORUS REMOVED AND THEY LIE THEY ARE HELPING TO TURN A GIRL INTO A VEGATABLE TO TRAFFICK HER BODY WITHOUT A BRAIN AND HER SOUL KNOWS SHES RAPED BY FIVE MILLION MEN AND SHE CANNOT EXPLAIN OR CRY OR SCREAM
    AND I AM A GOOD SAMARITUN NANCY GAIL FOX SIGNING OFF

May 21, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Reply
    • B

Again! F*** off and write properly!!! You speak absolute s*** that nobody can uderstand. There is a caps lock key! Believe it or not.

May 21, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Reply
    • outawork

Don't feed the troll.

May 25, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Reply
  7. Robin

Thank you CNN!

May 23, 2011 at 1:02 am | Reply
  8. GOPisGreedOverPeople

GOP solution for America = Turn the Old, Sick, and Poor into slaves. Then whip them until they are Young, Healthy, and Rich. Or until they are dead. Then turn them into Soylent Green to feed the military. A self sustaining system.

May 24, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Reply
  9. outawork

How about the ones that come to the US? They call them contractors.

May 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Reply