May 11th, 2011

Life after war

Kevin was a killer. Forced into being an 8-year-old soldier, he fought and murdered during Liberia's long civil war.

The conflict ended in 2003 and many of the estimated 16,000 children who took part in the fighting still are dealing with the emotional scars of what they saw and experienced. Kevin, who went through a program run by his former warlord (now a self-proclaimed evangelist), has to live with the rejection of his family and fend for survival on his own.

He lives in an apartment by himself. Some of the former soldiers went through a U.N.-sponsored disarmament program that included counseling.  Some ex-combatants say they couldn’t participate in the program because their guns were stolen.

That’s what happened to Kevin, but still years later he found a new path. Today he is a motorcycle taxi driver. He has some friends. He's not alone. He saves his money so he can go to night school. He hopes one day he can become a businessman.

Topics: Government • Life In Slavery

« Previous entry
  1. Rayven mimie amarachukwu

Kevin, I love ur strength. Remember that only the great can go through what u are going through. Kevin u are great.

May 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Reply
    • OMOLE LEKAN

Kelvin indeed you are great. Keep focused and believe that you can achieve your desire in life, pray and be rest asured that GOD will se you through; Don't give up.

May 12, 2011 at 5:14 am | Reply
  2. comfortinprayer

This isn’t the only important new’s today….

It's the end of days & the beginning of a new world

A message from Uncommon Love:

It's the end of days. Believe it or not you've been living strong through John the Baptist’s prophecy in Revelations. If you have any questions, you can rely on Christ to provide any answers you need if you haven't received them already, please don’t forget the power of prayer and the strength he can provide for you now that he’s here on earth…..

Read our non profit's full message about living during Revelations at http://www.Lyft.me or http://www.Lyft.Us

Don’t forget to contact us with any questions you have or any problems you need fixed. Our organization is dedicated to helping people find a Church that’s perfect for them [we can get you free video of any service world wide], or even a charity that they can offer some money or even volunteer time too.

This message and our websites have been created by a prophetic man named Jon Pierson; as he has been able to be aided by Christ and God. He is currently still dealing with attacks from the devil that have created road block's that are getting in the way of his path towards the life he would want to have and his plans to help other's out. We look forward to meeting with you and hearing your testimony about what you’ve been through and your plans for the future.

Share this comment/website and earn money towards a donation to your favorite charity or Church[$1.00] just make sure the person contacts us with your email address or phone # in order to retrieve your gift. Our email is HelpMet@Live.com our office phone number is 310 Hyped U1 [497 3381] it’s about being high on life and not drugs or alcohol.]

This was brought to you by Uncommon Love [An organization that was founded by Jonathan]

Visit us at http://www.HelpMet.com and http://www.Commonun.com
    Don’t forget to visit Jon’s Online Journal at ComfortinPrayer.WordPress.com

May 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  3. comfortinprayer

It's the end of days & the beginning of a new world

A message from Uncommon Love:

Read our non profit's full message about living during Revelations at Lyft.me or Lyft.Us

Visit us at HelpMet.com and A CommonUn.com

Don’t forget to visit Jon’s Online Journal’s at
    ComfortinPrayer.WordPress .com and at YourKoz.com

May 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  4. comfortinprayer

sorry can you delete one of these for me moderator

May 11, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Reply
  5. mona

If there would be only one Kevin in every country then the world would be a better place to live. A salute to Kevin and his wisdom of understanding the importance of education.
    Kevin you are great with a lot of strength.

May 12, 2011 at 11:50 am | Reply
  6. Joshua Milton Blahyi

Well, yes I was a war lord that recruted Kervin and many other young people and did a lot of bad things that could possibilly never be forgiven by many, but I am not an self proclaimed evengelist, Christ called me, and the evidence is there, in my Country and many other Countries the Lord led me to and what He did through me. Besides I was Baptized by Bishop Melvin Samuels, Ass Bishop and Overseer for Foreign Fields, Holy Temple Church Of The Lord Jesus Christ Int, and ordained as Evangelist and serving as the African Outreach Director. I AM NOT A SELF PROCLAIMED EVANGELIST. Good Article though. Evang: Joshua Milton Blahyi.

May 12, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Reply
    • Zipporah Dickson

Dad,may the Lord strengthen you and overt shadow you with his glory and power for his work through out the whole wide world.I know the Lord can do greater and aboaundantly in your life than what man expert.Enjoy your blessings.

May 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  7. Joseph Hudak

Yes Joshua, I met you on the camp and you told me your story. I didn't know who I was really talking too because of the obvious change that came to your life. I found out later who you were and it totally blew my mind how God had transformed your life!!

May 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Reply
  8. Joshua Milton Blahyi

Thanks Joseph, their are lot of stories on the net for me, but I just launched Book on my life story, and I have giving 75% of the return to the project that help turn Kelvin and many other child ex-fighters life around. Well not the project but Jesus through the project have turn around the life of many and re-uniting them to their families and Communities, The project is call Journey Against Violence http://www.journeysagainstviolence.com, The Lord leads me to notorious criminal hide out with Christ message of Peace, Love and Christ Forgiving Grace. http://www.frontpageafrica.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=5680&print=yes contact me on facebook to get a copy and help many Kelvin By the grace of God.

May 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Reply
  9. Name*kara

Pls guide me to uploading my photis.

June 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  10. Kailee

Surpeior thinking demonstrated above. Thanks!

September 18, 2011 at 12:24 am | Reply